Friday, 29 March 2013

The Impossible


Recently I went to see the film ‘The Impossible’. What an amazing film. For anyone who doesn’t know, The Impossible is about the 2004 Tsunami that hit east Asia. The film was set in Thailand and followed a family on their true story of events that happened on that awful day. Their story is unbelievable and emotional!
In 2011 I went to Thailand and visited some Islands where the Tsunami hit and seeing those sites were breathtaking. There are before and after photos everywhere on the Island and the work they have done to repair the damage is incredible. This picture below is on top of Phi Phi overlooking most of the Island, at one point this was completely under water, and look at it now! To get to this point of the Island we had to walk up about 20 million steps (no exaggeration) in 40 degree heat. If I’d have known I was doing that I probably would have gone gym before I went to Thailand, as it was probably one of the most challenging days of my life. However, once I’d got there without passing out and saw the amazing sights of the Island, it was worth every second!
If anyone hasn’t seen this film I definitely recommend it, this families story of survival and bravery is definitely worth a watch plus it shows just how awful and devastating the Tsunami was.



SHARE:
© ChanelleLouise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig