Friday, 12 April 2013

A Bit Of Fake Tan

It's no secret that I'm a fake tan hoarder. Once I buy one, whether I use it or not, I just can't bring myself to throw it away. I wanted to share a few of my favourites because if you're like me and fake tan every week, it's always handy to know which ones are good and which ones aren't. It's safe to say I've tried a lot of different fake tans. Some have left me looking like I've spent a week on the beach and some have left me looking like an Oompa Loompa. I only wish I'd discovered fake tan when I was 13, pretty sure it would have made some of my school photos look a little more glamorous and a little less traumatising. If only TOWIE & Geordie Shore were around in those days then I maybe would have realised sooner how necessary fake tan is.

I recently discovered a brand called Vita Liberata and I love it! They have so many different ranges its brilliant! They've got light, medium, dark, extra dark, gradual, instant etc etc. My favourite is the Phenomenal Mousse as it stays on for 2 - 3 weeks, you do have to keep on top of it though to make the colour last, make sure you moisturise and use a good scrub. Another great one is the Tinted Self Tan Mousse which lasts a good 5 days or so. I went for the medium colour and it gave me a great golden glow and didn't make me look orange. It also didn't make me smell like a bit of burnt toast. It can be quite pricey but it is definitely worth the cost. It's also Binky from MIC's favourite tan... and I can see why! Check out their range here http://www.vitaliberata.co.uk/ and I guarantee you will love it just as much as me.




My favourite instant tan has to be L'oreal Sublime Bronze. It's a lovely natural colour that makes you look like you've just stepped off a beach. One of the great things about it, is that it lasts for a few days after first applying so you can keep that glow going for a few days. Make sure you apply the mousse to a tanning mitt first, otherwise it can look streaky and you'll end up with orange hands!

Sally Henson Airbrush Legs and the Garnier Ambre Solaire are great sprays for summer. The Sally Henson is a bit like make up for legs rather than fake tan but it gives that airbrush finish which makes legs look smooth and even. The Garnier spray is great for hands and feet as it doesn't go patchy around dry skin and stays on for a long time.

Those are a few of my favourite picks, what are yours?
SHARE:
© ChanelleLouise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig