Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Fashion in the South of France

I know there hasn't been a blog for a while which I apologise for... I've been sunning myself in the South of France, which I know isn't a great excuse so I thought I'd make it up with some fashion info from France!

I'd always wanted to go to the South of France because whenever I read articles famous people always seem to mention it. They are always sunning themselves in the French Riviera. I know I'm not famous, nor rich but I thought I'd go see what all the fuss was about... and let me tell you, it was a-mazing!! From the massive yachts and Ferrari's in Monaco to the expensive shopping and dining in St Tropez, it was a trip of a lifetime. I didn't spot anyone famous in particular but I'm pretty sure Rod Stewart drove past me in his Ferrari and Rhianna is currently there with Cara Delevingne, so it kind of counts as hanging out with famous people. I also take credit for the great weather here in the UK at the minute - clearly I brought the sun back from France with me for everyone to enjoy the sunshine and be extremely happy. You are welcome.

St Tropez

As I expected, the fashion in these places are very upmarket. Everyone in St Tropez has money and they don't dress in the typical shorts and t-shirts. They all clearly make a lot of effort even if they are just popping out for an ice cream. Everyone was wearing posh shift dresses and massive high wedges with designer sunglasses. Even if you don't spend any money it's a great day out to people watch and have a look what it's like to see how the other half live. The port was full of boats from the rich and famous and it was great to just walk along having a nose at them all. I drifted in and out of daydreams most of the day pretending I lived on one. The one main fashion accessory in the South of France and especially St Tropez is Tropezienne sandals. Anyone and everyone are wearing them, if the weather in the UK was the same as France I'm pretty sure I'd wear sandals all year too. It's full of little side streets with boutiques and is a really cute place to go. I would definitely recommend a visit. These pictures below are the kind of shops that surround St Tropez.

Monaco

Monaco is easily one of the best places I have ever been to, I never wanted to leave! They have a row of outdoor clubs along the harbour with DJ booths and dance floors. They are all posh and upmarket of course, but the thought of drinking and dancing all night outside right near a beach is a good enough reason for me to live there! The day I was in Monaco there was a local club hosting a 'white party' so most of the people in Monaco were all wearing white. The fashion is more laid back than St Tropez and also quite sporty as we all know it's where the F1 racing is! I was hoping to find some racers there but obviously they'd all disappeared for the day. I imagined bumping into Lewis Hamilton wearing a hat and inviting me onto his boat. As Monaco is the heart of the racing, there's a lot more car shops than clothes shops. They've got shops like Zara and Superdry, then right next to those there's Lamborghini and Aston Martin garages. Oh how the other half live.




Nice

Nice is a great laid back town with palm trees and blue seas. We went there to watch the Tour de France so most people were dressed in just t-shirts and shorts, taking plenty of pictures! My boyfriend is a cyclist so he was in his element watching the tour and almost got run over a few times. As Nice is a massive town it was full of tourists (like myself) so the fashion was very mixed. I went for shorts and top as we ended up walking 80 miles in the 30 degree heat that day, I wouldn't recommend it. I did see one person wearing jeans! I almost went up to her and asked her what she was thinking, but then I realised she was French and I don't speak French.


Nobody in any of these places really over-do the make up. It probably helps that they are so tanned that they don't actually need to put any on. Being in the sun all day everyday probably helps this though, I may need to rethink about living in the UK, saying that its boiling out today so I'm off out to top up my tan!
SHARE:
© ChanelleLouise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig