Sunday, 17 January 2016

Polercise

So, I know saying 'I do pole dancing' isn't really a thing people usually just drop into conversation, but this post is in fact going to be dedicated to pole dancing.

Half way through 2015 I realised that I needed to tone up, I started going to a few gym classes which were brilliant (Combat & Pump being my faves) but I also wanted to do something really fun. I went round to a friends house one night and she told me she'd started doing pole dancing classes and how much it had toned her up. She asked me a few times if I'd like to go with her, but I turned it down every time she asked. I didn't feel the most confident in swinging from a pole in front of other random strangers. Also, at this point I had no upper body strength whatsoever, so I just thought I'd make myself look like a div. 

Anyway, a few months down the line, my friend told me the new beginners classes were starting and so I thought I'd take a look at the pole Facebook group. I saw lots of pictures of these girls hanging upside down, swinging around and most importantly; having a good laugh. I am always up for a good laugh and so I decided to bite the bullet and go to a class, and you know what, I'm so glad I did. 





For anyone thinking this kind of class is a bit slutty, it isn't. It is actually all exercise. The day after my classes I always ache and can feel my muscles getting stronger. I can actually say I've even got a bit of upper body strength! I mean, I have had a couple of odd looks when I've told people what I'm doing. For example I told my dad I did pole dancing last night (well, actually, my sister decided to tell him) and he instantly shot me a disapproving look and said he didn't realise I needed extra money. Obviously it took a bit of explaining, but after a while I think he believed me that I'm not dancing on tables, and it is actually just for exercise. My other half also seems to think he's getting a pole installed in the house for extra shows. He isn't. 

A friend of mine called it polercise this week, and I'm going to steal that word because it's bloody brilliant. There's a chance people already call it this but I'll steal it anyway.

So anyone who's looking to get fitter this year but wants some fun doing it, I'd definitely recommend giving this a shot. You make some great friends, have a good laugh and end up pulling off some pretty impressive moves. Also, I must admit, it makes you feel a bit sexy! Even for someone who's constantly in joggers ;)

Chanelle x
SHARE:
© ChanelleLouise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig