Monday, 11 January 2016

So it's 2016...

2015 was a bit of a funny year. I'm not really sure how to explain it. Probably a massive rollercoster would be the correct term. It had a lot of highs and a lot of lows, but it was a bit odd. I said half way through the year that I wasn't going to do anything that didn't make me happy, but then I ended up doing those things anyway. But then I also got to do a lot of things that did make me happy. Maybe that's just a normal year? We go through these ups and downs to make us into who we are, even if by the end of the year we still haven't figured out who we're supposed to be. Maybe it's okay.

In 2015 I changed my job 3 times (by complete accident) and hated one job but then loved my new one, I lost my creativity and then found my creativity again, I started to cook more and then stopped again, got addicted to exercise but then lost it a bit, and missed several events that I should've been around for. I then finished the year skiing which again was odd because I'm not very good at it.  I also found my old diary from school and it included a lot of detail about a friend that we recently lost, it feels so strange to read things in a diary and remember all these memories about someone who is no longer with us.

I think in 2015 I probably felt a little lost. I'd been looking to move house but couldn't decide where to move to, been looking at holidays but couldn't decide where I wanted to go, and changed jobs but struggled to keep my creativeness. I also absolutely loved blogging in 2014, but this slipped off my radar towards the end of 2015 as my life was just taken over by other things.







One thing I have definitely learnt this year is that exercise makes a massive difference in how you feel physically, mentally and emotionally. My classes were the only things that made me forget about everything else that was going on for a little while, which was refreshing. I started doing pole dancing classes a few months ago and it is so much fun. It actually makes you a lot fitter than I realised! If you want to do something new and fun in 2016, I'd definitely recommend a few pole classes.

 I don't believe in comparing yourself to others, and I don't believe in people wishing they were just like someone else. But I do believe that sometimes seeing other people getting out and doing things can give you a kick up the butt. I'd seen lots of girls exercising and eating healthier and I decided that this needs to be me. As I'm close to hitting late 20's (aaah) my body needs a bit of help, and my skin hates me when I eat rubbish foods. So seeing these toned bodies all over Instagram, actually gave me a bit of a sense of realisation and direction, which I needed.


What's in store 2016.


This year I have started this fab idea that I saw on Instagram. Every time something good happens, you write it down on a piece of paper and pop it in a jar. Then at the end of the year you can read through everything and remember all the good things that happened. This is probably one of the best ideas I've ever seen. My memory is shocking so I often forget things that I've done - this will remind me of everything that I've done throughout the year.



My other aims for 2016 are:

  • More gym and more classes. 
  • Finally get my tattoo removed, after saying for aaaages that I wanted it gone, I'm going to finally do it!
  • Do some more things that push me out of my comfort zone. Last year I did this by joining new gym classes, I was really nervous going to my first one alone but after attending a few times I'd made new friends and gained more confidence.
  • Carry on spending as much time as possible with my friends. They're the ones who got me through 2015 and life is honestly so much better with them.
  • Learn something new. Last year I learnt how to swing around a pole, wonder what I'll learn this year?
  • Blog more! Even if it's just a post a week... I want to start writing again as it is definitely my favorite hobby.

2016... lets do this!

Happy New Year all

Chanelle x
SHARE:
© ChanelleLouise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig